Area of expertise: Company Management, Mentoring, Health informatics, Psychology
Krystian Fikert is an award-winning social entrepreneur and founder of MyMind, the largest multilingual and blended mental health service in Ireland.
Krystian Fikert set up MyMind in 2006 in response to Ireland’s complicated mental health system. MyMind provides affordable and accessible mental health services within the community, which aims to bypass the need for clinical referral, long waiting lists and high-cost services.
MyMind is a not-for-profit social enterprise, with profits made from fee-paying clients used to subsidise clients who cannot afford full fees. It has three centres in Dublin: Dublin 1, Dublin 6 and Dublin 8, one location in Cork, and one location in Limerick, providing face-to-face support, and also provides support through Online MyMind, an innovative online support model.
Since 2006, MyMind has provided more than 100,000 appointments to clients from all over the world, and by the end of 2018 alone, had provided 20,500 appointments who those who need this support, and in more than 15 different languages.
Krystian about himself:
In MyMind, I have developed an innovative model which can help many people in Ireland.
The model is the most important starting point. As an experienced psychologist and psychotherapist, I ensure that all services are conducted to the highest standards. From a start-up company, we now contract over 110 mental health professionals and employ six staff members.
As Founder and CEO, I have managed this growth and development successfully year on year. In my day-to-day work, I am responsible for important and strategic decisions. My role is to continue promoting the MyMind model of mental health services and its huge potential to lead changes in relation to improving community wellbeing in Ireland.
I am passionate, determined, hard-working, innovative and ambitious – my several social entrepreneur awards illustrate this commitment:
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland - Scale Partner 2020
- All Ireland Community & Council Awards – Best Social Enterprise of the Year 2019
- Social Enterprise Development Fund Awardee 2018
- European Business Awards Social Enterprise Category 2017
- Ireland Business Awards Social Enterprise Category 2017
- Eir Elevation Awards Social Enterprise Category 2016
- GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards 2015
- Ireland Funds Flagship Investment Awardee 2015-16
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland – Impact Award 2013
- Arthur Guinness Award 2012
- Ashoka Fellow 2011
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland – Elevator Programme Award 2011
- Captain Cathal Ryan Scholarship – 2010
- Social Entrepreneur category of the David Manley Awards – 2009
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland – Award 2009