Covid 19 Project
FREE online counselling sessions
COVID-19 Project (2021)
MyMind is very aware that the Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on many individuals and families. There has been increased pressure on people’s ability to cope with the additional challenges posed by the virus. From bereavement and job loss, to the fear and anxiety caused by the need to socially distance, while trying to deal with loneliness and isolation, many people are finding it hard to cope at the moment.
Getting help and staying connected are very important factors in maintaining good mental health. Talking to a qualified professional is a proven and effective way of dealing with problems of stress or anxiety.
In 2020 MyMind delivered almost 10K FREE online counselling appointments for people all over Ireland and we are extending the project until the 31st of March 2021.
If you have been directly affected by Covid-19, you may be eligible. The main mental health concerns include issues arising from unemployment, bereavement, social isolation/cocooning, illness, stress, depression, anxiety, addiction, or domestic violence.
All counselling appointments delivered through this project will be provided by MyMind and will be carried out online via video call or phone call. To learn more, please visit: https://mymind.org/online
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for the fully subsidised counselling sessions you should be:
✓ Presenting with COVID 19 related mental health issues (e.g. bereavement, social isolation/cocooning, illness, stress, depression, anxiety, addiction, domestic violence, etc.);
✓ A front-line worker in a medical setting (e.g. HSE staff, nursing home staff, paramedic, public health worker, GP etc.)
✓ Employed with low income (see threshold in How Do I Apply section)
✓ Unemployed due to COVID 19
✓ Bereaved resulting from COVID 19
✓ Over the age of 65
✓ Cocooning due to ill-health (regardless of age)
HOW DO I APPLY?
To avail of the free sessions, you must be over the age of 18 and prior to any booking may be required to submit one or more items of documentation from the following list in order to verify eligibility.
Free children and adolescent appointments may also be offered, but are limited to parental support, and not working with the child directly.
✓ Proof of employment as a front-line worker in a medical setting e.g. ID badge, payslip, etc.; or
✓ Proof of receipt of Pandemic Unemployment Benefit; or
✓ Proof that average take-home weekly wage is €350 or less; or
✓ A referral letter from your GP.
If you are unable to provide us with the above due to your personal circumstances, please contact us directly.(*) When registering your account, in addition to the employment status, you should also select COVID-19 affected.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
To arrange an appointment/session with MyMind, please visit: https://mymind.org/register
Or click in the following: Get started
Documents for eligibility can be uploaded and submitted through the online account you will create when registering (https://app.mymind.org/Client/Client/ClientDocuments)
For any further questions
please email us at email@example.com
or phone the office on 076 680 1060.
Terms and condition:
The client accepts the Terms & Conditions associated with the service prior to attending the first session which in addition to the normal T&C for service include:
- Clients who completed 15 or more sessions during the 2020 project are not eligible for the extended 2021 project;
- Client accepts that free of charge sessions are offered on a first come first served basis and that the overall number of appointments available under the scheme is limited;
- Throughout the 2021 project, clients can avail of a maximum of 12 free appointments;
- A maximum of 3 appointments can be booked in advance at any one time;
- Once the scheme is fully subscribed, if clients wish to continue treatment they may convert to regular client status and avail of the standard fee service applicable to their circumstances;
- Appointments may be cancelled up to 24 hours before the session is due to begin. Once a client has had two late cancellations and/or no shows, they will be removed from the scheme and will no longer be eligible for free of charge appointments;
- All free appointments must take place between 1st of January 2021 and 31st of March 2021;
- Free online sessions are subject to availability.
Confidentiality:MyMind is committed at every level and in all aspects of the service it offers to provide a confidential service to all those who are seeking mental health support. Confidentiality is between the individual and the organisation and between the individual and the mental health professional. For more information see https://mymind.org/confidentiality.
Further terms and conditions can be found on: https://mymind.org/terms.
This project has received funding from the Government of Ireland’s Sláintecare Integration Fund 2019 under Grant Agreement Number 478A.