Everyone has easy and quick access to affordable mental health services.
To pioneer a new and sustainable model of community based and online mental health services that are accessible and affordable to everyone.
WHO WE ARE
MyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing was founded in 2006 as a not-for-profit community based provider of accessible mental health care. We now have centres in Dublin, Cork and Limerick city, providing a wide range of clients with counselling and psychotherapy services. MyMind charges our clients fees based upon their employment status, allowing the unemployed or full time students to access our services at reduced rates. The revenue generated from our full fee clients is reinvested into the organisation, enabling us to provide services that are affordable to all.
It is easy for a client to self-refer to MyMind, appointments are usually made within 72 hours of a client contacting our office. Additionally, MyMind has a multidisciplinary, multicultural team that is able to provide services in more than ten languages, enabling us to serve the migrant population. At MyMind we believe our work addresses a huge social need, providing proven positive outcomes for those impacted by mental health issues. Our affordable and timely mental health services mean people have the best chance of getting back to a positive frame of mind sooner and with lasting results. We impact the lives of individuals and their families, their communities, and Irish society as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
- Face-to-face services are delivered out of four centres nationally: Ranelagh Dublin 6, Store Street Dublin 1, Cork city and Limerick city
- Clients can book appointments over the phone or online
- Services are delivered by our qualified team of counsellors, psychologists and psychotherapists
- Clients can avail of online consultations via video conference, or talk to a mental health professional over email
- MyMind’s online services allow people who are geographically removed from our centres, or apprehensive about coming in for sessions, to avail of mental health support
MYMIND AS A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
- Revenue made from our full fee paying clients is used to support reduced fees for clients who are out of work
- MyMind connects clients with a team of qualified mental health professionals, ensures quality and adherence to regulations and standards
We are a non-profit organisation registered in Ireland (434008) with charitable status (CHY17600).
MyMind is complaint with the Governance Code as a Type C organization.
- Maximise the potential of our existing early intervention MH services, by maintaining our average of 4.4 sessions per client
- Grow network of services: open a centre in Galway by Q3 2015
- Grow client base through marketing and partnerships with existing mental health organisations
- Reach financial break even by 2016
- Refine and consolidate evaluation and performance framework through improving performance reviews and client feedback forms
- Grow effective and efficient organisation: MyMind staff will provide the key skills and capacity that will enable the successful delivery of our strategic objectives
- We are relentless in our focus on creating easy access to mental health services across Ireland
- We define and follow procedures which support achievement of our goals
- We focus on solutions, not problems
- We ensure relevant stakeholders are involved in decision making processes
- We are committed to treating our clients with respect, professionalism and confidentiality
- We actively seek to partner with other organisations working in mental health
- We deliver a positive learning and development experience for our staff and volunteers
- We implement and follow policies and procedures to ensure vulnerable clients are protected from abuse
- We regularly review and assess the risks faced by MyMind in every aspect of our work and plan to manage those risks
Ciara O’ Toole is an entrepreneur, marketing professional, author and pilot. Ciara holds an honours B.Comm from UCD and a first honours in marketing from the UCD graduate business school. Ciara is author of Going Solo on Lake Como and is founder and CEO of Amelia Aviation Design. Ciara joined the MyMind board in December 2013 and was elected Chairperson in July 2015.
Dr Paul Scully (joined in 2012)
Consultant Psychiatrist at St. James’s Hospital
Eoghan Stack (joined in 2012)
Eoghan Stack is Director of Investment Impact for the One Foundation, building the effectiveness of One Foundation’s portfolio organisations through strategy development, business planning, and performance management of portfolio organisations. Eoghan is responsible for leading One’s investments in youth mental health and the integration of minorities. Prior to the One Foundation, Eoghan spent eight years with 3Com’s R&D team designing integrated circuits and is an Electrical and Microelectronic Engineering graduate of University College Cork.
Michael Binchy (joined in July 2013)
Michael was called to the Bar of Ireland in October 2005 and since then he has represented many different clients in many different cases before Courts and tribunals. In addition to a varied general practice at the Irish Bar, he also lecture Solicitors for continuing professional development purposes on topics of current legal interest as part of the Solicitors CPD Group.
Jude Farrell (joined in July 2015)
John Travers (joined in July 2015)
John was the founding CEO of three clean energy businesses in Ireland and the UK and previously worked as a manager at McKinsey and Shell International. He has worked as a healthcare volunteer in Ireland, East and West Africa and India. John studied both engineering and medicine at UCD and completed an MBA at Harvard. He has published two books.
Brian Mulvihill (joined in July 2015)
Brian is currently Finance and Investment Manager at Irelandia Investments. He worked for 4 years at KPMG Dublin where I trained as a Chartered Accountant (ACA). He worked at GE Capital prior to joining Irelandia. He is a member of the board of directors of The Gaelic Players Association (GPA) where he also acts as Company Secretary and sit on their Finance Committee. He holds an Hons Bachelor of Commerce degree from University College Cork
- GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards 2015
- Ireland Funds Flagship Investment Awardee 2015-16
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland – Impact Award 2013
- Arthur Guinness Award 2012
- Ashoka Fellow 2011
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland – Elevator Programme Award 2011
- Captain Cathal Ryan Scholarship – 2010
- Social Entrepreneur category of the David Manley Awards – 2009
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland – Award 2009