children & adolescent project
Children & adolescent
FREE Counselling sessions 2021
The Irish Youth Foundation, in partnership with MyMind, are committed to providing 400 free of charge sessions to the most disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people nationwide. With the help of counselling, children can learn how to build secure and healthy relationships. In particular counselling can help a child deal with the consequences of abusive or problematic family relationships and circumstances.
The services available through the project will be: counselling, psychoterapy, psychological support and creative art therapy for children. The project will be delivered face to face in one of MyMind's physical centres or/and online.
who the project is for?
The project is targeted at vulnerable children and young people, aged 3 years to 17 years (inclusive), who's circumstance correspond to one or more of the scenarios listed below:
- Any minor currently in foster care or in the care of a foster family;
- Any minor currently living in residential care;
- Any minor who is, in the process of, or has been through the adoption process;
- Any minor, where both parents can prove that they are currently unemployed and in receipt of social welfare payments;
- Any minor, from an unemployed single parent household.
how can i refer a minor?
Any minor you wish to refer, will need to be between the ages 3 to 17 years of age and meet one or more of the above criteria.
Provision of relevant documentation to verify their eligibility is required. Once documents are approved the client is issued with 6, fully subsidized, sessions. Please see below the documentation list.
|eligible minors||Document required:|
|Minors currently in foster care or in the care of a foster family||Letter from agency that place the child stating their current status (eg Tusla, Positive care, Five rivers fostering)|
|Minors currently living in residential care||Letter from key worker stating legal guardianship|
|Minors where both parents can prove that they are currently unemployed and in receipt of social welfare payments||A DSP payment receipt, from the last two months, from both parents or a DSP that list both parents as part of the claim|
|Minors from a single parent household, where said parent is currently unemployed.||Single parent allowance documentation|
This documentation will suffice for access to the scheme, this can be directly provided to MyMind via email or provided to the client to upload to their account. Once documentation has been received and approved, clients have the opportunity to choose their preferred professional and to schedule sessions at dates and times that are suitable to them.
how can i organise an appointment?
The parent/legal guardian will need to arrange these sessions through:
or phone the office on 076 680 1060
or emial us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The client accepts the Terms & Conditions associated with the service prior to attending the first session which in addition to the normal T&C for service include:
- Client accepts that free of charge sessions are offered on a first come first served basis and that the overall number of appointments available under the scheme is limited;
- Throughout the 2021 project, clients can avail of a maximum of 6 free appoimtemts;
- An eligibility criteria will be put in place for those who wish to avail of the project. Provision of relevant documentation to verify their eligibility is required. Once documents are approved the client is issued with 6, fully subsidized, sessions;
- Clients have the opportunity to choose their preferred professional and to schedule sessions at dates and times that are suitable to them, subject to availability;
- A further 6 sessions may be granted to those clients who present with particularly severe difficulties: the additional 6 session allocations shall be granted to clients based on the recommendation of their assigned professional;
- Once the scheme is fully subscribed, if clients wish to continue treatment they may convert to regular client status and avail of the standard fee service applicable to their circumstances;
- Appointments may be cancelled up to 24 hours before the session, any late cancellation/no show after this time will count as a session.
- All free appointments must take place between 1st of January 2021 and the 31st of December 2021;
- Free online and face to face sessions are subject to availability;
- This service provides talk therapy only, assessments and MyMind does not provide reports;
- If a child is under 16, they will not be eligible for online appointments, parental (legal guardian) support can be offered online in this case.
MyMind is committed at every level and in all aspects of the service it offers to provide a confidential service to all those who are seeking mental health support. Confidentiality is between the individual and the organisation and between the individual and the mental health professional. For more information see https://mymind.org/confidentiality.
Further terms and conditions can be found on : https://mymind.org/terms.