Connecting for life
Free Counselling for Priority Groups
HSE 2021 Partnership
MyMind, in partnership with the HSE National Office for Suicide Prevention, is offering free face-to-face or online counselling, psychotherapy and psychological support sessions specifically for people in 'Priority Groups'. These are groups where there is evidence of greater vulnerability to and increased risk of suicide
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The programme is for individuals experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties, who are economically disadvantaged and who fall into one of the following categories:
- People who have engaged in repeated acts of self-harm;
- People with chronic physical health conditions;
- Asylum seekers or migrants;
- Members of the LGBT+ community;
- People who are homeless;
- People who have experienced domestic, clerical, institutional, sexual or physical abuse;
- People bereaved by suicide;
- People who come in contact with the criminal justice system (e.g. prisoners)
- Other minority groups (e.g. Farmers, Travellers, Sex workers, etc.).
HOW TO AVAIL OF THE SERVICES?
To avail of these free counselling sessions:
- individuals can be referred by relevant service providers; or;
- Individuals can be referred by a MyMind mental health professional.
HOW TO ORGANISE AN APPOINTMENT?
To arrange an appointment/session with MyMind, please contact:
The client accepts the Terms & Conditions associated with the service prior to attending the first session which in addition to the normal T&C for service include:
- Clients who have availed of free appointments under the COVID-19 Project in 2021 or other fully subsidised sessions from the HSE are not eligible for these free appointments;
- Client accepts that eligibility for the free session is at the discretion of MyMind;
- Client accepts that free of charge appointments are offered on a first come first served basis and that the overall number of appointments available under the programme is limited. Free appointments are, at all times, subject to availability;
- Free appointments from this programme, exclusively apply for people residing in the Republic of Ireland;
- Clients can avail of a maximum of 12 free appointments under the programme in 2021;
- A maximum of 2 appointments can be booked in advance at any one time;
- All free appointments must take place between 1st of January 2021 and 31st of December 2021
- Appointments may be cancelled up to 24 hours before the appointment is due to begin with no penalty. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours' notice are deemed a Late Cancellation/No Show. Clients with an aggregate of two Late Cancellations/No Shows will be removed from the programme and will no longer be eligible for free of charge appointments;
- If the programme is fully subscribed, Clients who wish to continue treatment may convert to regular client status and avail of the standard fee service applicable to their circumstances;
- MyMind reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions at any time.
MyMind is committed at every level and in all aspects of the service it offers to provide a confidential service to all those who are seeking mental health support. Confidentiality is between the individual and the organisation and between the individual and the mental health professional. For more information see https://mymind.org/confidentiality.
Further terms and conditions can be found on : https://mymind.org/terms.