MyMind was founded in June 2006 as a community based provider of accessible mental health services. We provide psychological and psychotherapy services to people who are seeking mental health support. Employing a combination of contracted and voluntary therapists and practitioners, we are able to offer accessible and affordable mental health care. Clients are able to self-refer to MyMind's service by booking appointments either online or calling the office on 076 680 1060, and due to the volume of mental health professionals we employ, appointments are usually made within 72 hours of their first contact with MyMind.
We are a non-profit organisation registered in Ireland (434008) with charitable status (CHY17600).
Everyone in Ireland has easy and quick access to community based mental health services.
To pioneer a new and sustainable model of community based and online mental health services that are accessible and affordable to everyone.
MyMind's solution to current mental health situation in Ireland:
- MyMind is a self-referral model of mental health care
- MyMind is an alternative to the medical model – we do not prescribe drugs as a solution, only if necessary
- MyMind is easy to access, clients are able to see a professional within a few days after initial contact
- MyMind services are affordable, we also provide reduced or free sessions for those who cannot afford full fees
- MyMind provides one-to-one sessions, couple and family therapy, child and adolescent therapy, group therapy and workshops
- Profits made from our fee-paying clients are used to support fees for clients who cannot afford it.
- MyMind connects clients with a team of qualified mental health professionals, ensures quality and adherence to regulations and standards.
Files to download:
- Maximise the potential of our existing early intervention MH services, by maintaining our average of 4.4 sessions per client
- Grow network of services: open a centre in Galway by Q3 2015
- Grow client base through marketing and partnerships with existing mental health organisations
- Reach financial break even by 2016
- Refine and consolidate evaluation and performance framework through improving performance reviews and client feedback forms
- Grow effective and efficient organisation: MyMind staff will provide the key skills and capacity that will enable the successful delivery of our strategic objectives
- We are relentless in our focus on creating easy access to mental health services across Ireland
- We define and follow procedures which support achievement of our goals
- We focus on solutions, not problems
- We ensure relevant stakeholders are involved in decision making processes
- We are committed to treating our clients with respect, professionalism and confidentiality
- We actively seek to partner with other organisations working in mental health
- We deliver a positive learning and development experience for our staff and volunteers
- We implement and follow policies and procedures to ensure vulnerable clients are protected from abuse
- We regularly review and assess the risks faced by MyMind in every aspect of our work and plan to manage those risks
Eleanor Farrell (Chairperson - elected in 2011)
Head of Customer Base Management at Vodafone Ireland
Dr Paul Scully (joined in 2012)
Consultant Psychiatrist at St. James's Hospital
Eoghan Stack (joined in 2012)
Eoghan Stack is Director of Investment Impact for the One Foundation, building the effectiveness of One Foundation’s portfolio organisations through strategy development, business planning, and performance management of portfolio organisations. Eoghan is responsible for leading One’s investments in youth mental health and the integration of minorities. Prior to the One Foundation, Eoghan spent eight years with 3Com’s R&D team designing integrated circuits and is an Electrical and Microelectronic Engineering graduate of University College Cork.
Michael Binchy (joined in July 2013)
Michael was called to the Bar of Ireland in October 2005 and since then he has represented many different clients in many different cases before Courts and tribunals. In addition to a varied general practice at the Irish Bar, he also lecture Solicitors for continuing professional development purposes on topics of current legal interest as part of the Solicitors CPD Group.
Ciara O'Toole (joined in December 2013)
Ciara O’ Toole is an entrepreneur, marketing professional, author and pilot with an honours Bachelor of Commerce degree from University College Dublin and a first honours MSc in marketing from the UCD Smurfit graduate business school. Currently working with Social Entrepreneurs Ireland facilitating high potential social entrepreneurs to achieve maximum social impact. Founded The Cat’s Pyjamas Strategic Marketing in 2004 and works on and off in a mix of contracts and consultancy work. Ex marketing manager of L’Oréal Paris Ireland comprising the L’Oreal Paris, Garnier and Maybelline brands, interim marketing manager of Red Bull, interim marketing communications manager of the Irish National Lottery, consumer planning director for Initiative Media working on the Diageo and Unilever accounts, marketing manager of Miller Genuine Draft, account director with Slattery Communications and brand manager for Johnson & Johnson. Holder of a private pilot licence for both land and seaplanes, earned at the Aero club of Como in Italy and Weston Airport Dublin. Fluent in Italian. Professional tennis coach. Author of travel narrative ‘Going Solo on Lake Como’. Has travelled to more than 40 countries and lived in Australia, Italy and the US. Characterised as results-oriented and clear thinking with excellent written, creative, organisational and interpersonal skills. Proven track record of delivery against commercial and strategic objectives.